Tuesday, 21 October 2014

Logo Development

Logo Development


Thumbnails



I started off with drawing a couple of thumbnails just to get a few ideas.

Sketches/Drawings



I chose to use this design and drew out the design in more detail.


Illustrator Development


Next i went onto illustrator and using the pen tool i drew out a simple template of the design. With the template finished i made slight refinements to logo until i came up with this final design.

Using the pen tool I traced my design .....
Now I had a rough vector version of my logo I could start developing it further. I started off with extending the end of the G to add a more script feel. Next I didn't like how the T's flick looked and I found that there was a lot of space around the top area, so I drew out this swirl design which I found really added to my flowy script look I wanted to show.
Too finish off I needed to look at a colour scheme. I really like how this design from my research ......  Had used gold in there design which I feel would really push my design to a more medium/high market position. 


 The Haagen-Dazs ice cream is the vessel that i would be using to showcase my design as i really liked the gold lid. And i really wanted to take the gold colour from the lid and put that into my logo. Using the gold tones from the lid i was able to add a gradient to my logo to create this shiny gold look.



No comments:

Post a Comment